Reminder that the new social report is out!
WOAHH it gives me a lot to put in my ‘library of useful statistics’ doco.
Definitely worth a look/skim/detailed read as it provides valuable insights across social from the last 12 months including demographics, devices, ratings, business, personal etc.
Just a few key takeaways:
- While “social” uses are still the top reasons people use social media, three in ten Australians are now using social media for commercial purposes, to assess brands and businesses, with consumers also using social media to research purchases and to access offers and promotions
- Of people who have dropped a social media platform in the past year – 46% stopped using Twitter, while 19% dropped Facebook
- Facebook is still the number one social site by Australians
- 71% of the audience access social sites via Smartphone
- Average time spent on FB has gone from 21 mins in 2011 to 17 mins in 2014