Please find a few thought starter points below.
Digital News and Innovation
- Great news for us according to eMarketer because globally it has been predicted that the digital advertising budgets will rise 16.7% to $140.15bn this year.
- According to Adweek, digital is set to grow to 75% of marketing budgets! Check out some cool infographics on this here.
- Coles take into account that their consumers are going more mobile and have introduced the Coles Mobile Wallet that works in conjunction with an NFC sticker to make payments, manage spend, collect loyalty points and access special offers. More deets here.
- Ahead of Lexus’ launch of their own, here’s a review of luxury compact SUVs including Merc GLA, BMWX1 and Audi Q3. According to this guy, the Mercedes-Benz GLA is the winner because “it looks and feels the most premium inside”.
- Lexus made it into digitalbuzzblog for their Art Motion Installation which showcases their imagination and creativity.
- “You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression.”Exceptional customer experience should begin before the sale and be consistent across all technology.
- Google glass has been hacked so that it can be controlled by brainwaves.
- Facebook tests a buy button so you can purchase without leaving the site or app. Read on here. How would this challenge our DTC planning? Does this assist return on investment for advertisers? Who wants to predict adoption rates of users?
- Twitter is bragging about their organic reach telling brands that if they tweet 2-3 times per day they can be seen by 30% of their followers FOR FREE. Interesting statistic especially as at the moment we are only attributing 5% of followers (+retweets etc.) as engagement on Lion brands.
- YouTube Brand Ad of the week goes to Adidas with The Final – #allin with 18.5 million views, 24.8k FB shares and 138k FB likes.
Cool campaigns I think are worth sharing:
- Virgin and Ozharvest have teamed up to #mealforameal – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwLMW2Ii-G0
- The Iconic is going to have a stall at Splendour and you can preorder clothes and pick them up at the festival. What is next in festival innovation? Mini-supermarkets? Festival phones? Semi-permanent tattoos with line-up details? Wrist-bands that house c/c info for cashless payments, remind you of the band you want to see etc?
- Uber are delivering Gelato Messina today if you download their app and use the code: ICECREAMAUS. Seriously #ubericecream.