Please find a snapshot of a few digital updates cross platforms and industries.
If there’s every something you want to see more of in these, please let me know.
Digital News and Innovation
- A long article about content and storytelling from a guy who met Richard Branson – http://mumbrella.com.au/richard-branson-taught-storytelling-234062?utm_source=DailyNewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-23-06-2014&utm_content=ContinueReading
- Would you want to unlock your smartphone off a temporary tattoo? Moto X think you would.
- SoundCloud’s redesigned their iPhone app focuses on listening and music discovery instead of recording and uploading. It’s a small but significant shift for the service. The revamped user interface relies solely on swipes to navigate around the app and control playback.
- Google Glass is now being shipped with 2GB of RAM which should lead to increased performance.
- A quick comparison of current smart watches by Mashable – here.
- You would’ve noticed that Facebook is mixing up the content on your Newsfeed again. For example, I’m seeing posts from venues/bars that are along the lines of “it’s Dollar Dog Tuesday” yet I’ll see it on Thursday morning. This is something to be aware of because those topical and timely posts just might not be that…
- Snapchat introduces logo’s for brands – http://mashable.com/2014/06/19/snapchat-logo-snaps/
- Twitter now supports GIFS!
- Here are a few record breaking stats from #WorldCup, including:
- 300 million tweets
- 378,085 highest number of tweets per minute end during the most tweeted about goal
- Big brands capitalising on World Cup biting incident in a very timely fashion.
- Top automotive brands on Facebook according to SocialBakers, as summarised by wearesocial. “The growing rate of average engagement throughout the sector, together with the reduction in daily posting, hints that whilst brands are posting fewer pieces of content, the content itself is of a higher quality, and brands have increased the amount of paid media used to boost reach and engagement of these posts.”
- Jaguar UK
- Mercedes-Benz UK
- Lotus Cars
- McLaren Automotive
Cool campaigns I think are worth sharing:
- MegaFaces won the 2014 Cannes Lions Innovation Grand Prix last week with this huge Kinetic installation of 3D faces.
- This case study video of The Scarecrow by Chipotle reveals why it won Gold Cannes Lions for Branded Content and Grand Prix in Film Craft. From this ‘Back to the Start’ campaign a Foundation was started, they reinvented their loyalty program and they hosted a food festival. One of the judges praised it for it’s “emotional connection with an audience”.
- Have you been following @Brazuca on Twitter? Well you should, it’s the voice of the official world cup ball. Best part is probably the regular use of #ballin.