Digital News and Innovation
- Chrissie’s predictions for successful digi marketing in 2015? Short storytelling of cinematic quality. Location based marketing. Snapchat and Whatsapp and WeChat.
- By partnering with 4 key influential audiences and creating an interactive experience, Maggi (in the Middle East and Africa) reinvigorated the branded and reconnected with their audience
- Brands are now using bae on social media. Are they understanding their audience or being ridic?
- Need an infographic or 20,000? GlobalWebIndex have released their latest stats for Digital, Social & Mobile for 2015 by country (luckily Aus is second to review, as it’s a 376 deep deck)
- Curios to know what Australians spoke about on Facebook in 2014? Of course you are.
- Facebook has honed in on its insights – http://marketingland.com/facebook-hones-tools-updates-insights-media-publishers-110791
- LinkedIn has changed its homepage layout, placing analytics and News Feed at the front and centre
- Chat apps. They will take over.
- What else is next? Fuzzbeed.
- Key points from the articles James sent round on a teenagers view to utilising social –
- Facebook Groups are better than the newsfeed
- Most dwell time on Instagram
- Higher engagement on Insta because it’s still quite private and people like controlling their feed without feeling guilty about not following someone
- Snapchat story use is great because – “You post yourself getting ready for the party, going to the party, having fun at the party, leaving at the end of the party, and waking up the morning after the party on Snapchat.”
- “Snapchat is where we can really be ourselves while being attached to our social identity.”
- To be honest, they “simply do not understand the point of Twitter”.
Cool campaigns I think are worth sharing:
- Outdo you by Nike
- Blizzard alerts straight to your mobile in NYC
- Microsoft Holograms. Say whaaa?
- Adidas #nailedit – there will be haters